Have you ever...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes. I went from waist length black hair, to a bright red (think Ronald McDonald's colour) chin-level bob. At first I loved it, but after a week, when it had faded to a grotty pink.....YAK!

Have you ever had cosmetic surgery?

Technically yes, as I had an oral surgery when I was 13 to attach brackets to my incisors and pull them down out of my gumline because they were facing the wrong way. Without it I would have lost my six top front teeth.

Have you ever had a dream that you were convinced was real, even after you woke up?

Yes. The frightening thing about it, though, was that it ended up happening. I had this dream that I was at a funeral for my aunt's grandson (my second cousin, who I wasn't all that close to) and it was just really surreal. I even called my aunt "just to say hi" to kind of check in about the family.

Three months later, he was killed in an ATV accident.

Have you ever had a chance to face your greatest fear?

In a way I had an event in my life create my biggest fear. Almost ten years ago my mom had a stroke and until that moment I never really realized that someone you love could be taken away at just about any time. So even though I know that someday everyone dies (I work for Hospice, so this is a lesson I know very well) it still terrifies me to think that some freak accident or medical condition could kill someone close to me in the blink of an eye.

On a more light-hearted note, a fear I've had my whole life has been the fear that I will make a fool myself in public, so I took drama classes and participate in community theater projects. I'm still shy and reserved off-stage, but it helps!

Have you ever climbed a mountain?

I can't figure out how to edit my posts, so sorry to add a new one, but I figured i should probably add that my mom is still alive :)

Yes, I climbed a small mountain in Australia (Or at least they told us it was one, Ha)

Have you ever walked into a parked car?

No, but someone walked into my parked car while I was in it. They hit it hard too, my car rocked a little.

Have you ever ridden a camel?

Nope, but I bet that'd be quite the experience!

Have you ever went to a movie theater, ordered your popcorn and drink and when the cashier says "Enjoy your movie" you reply "You too!" and felt so dumb?

I do that all the time. One of those things where you try to be polite and just sound stupid.

Have you ever eaten pet food (on a dare, etc.)?

Apparently when I was a baby I crawled into my aunt's kitchen and gobbled up some dog biscuits, but I don't remember it!

Have you ever fainted, and the doctors not been able to tell you why?

I've never actually fainted, but I get dizzy and see spots sometimes and the doctors don't know why. They can't find evidence of orthostatic hypotension (loss of blood pressure when standing, changing positions, etc.), so they really don't know what's going on.

Have you ever seen a hummingbird up close?

A ruby throat nested against the window of my grandfather's screened porch when I was very small. I saw a humming bird *and* her eggs. They were a smidge bigger than a cheerio. I did not, however, get to see them hatch. :(

Have you ever walked home more than a mile because of car trouble?

Back