Has Anyone Tried The Leo Braun Style Wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinmom2012

Chintastic
I am trying to decide what kind of wheel to get for my chin, Rascal. My question is, has anyone tried the Leo Braun Style wheel? Or does anyone know of a place that makes stainless steel wheels?

I've not tried the Leo Braun Style wheels that are being made now, but I have several of the old Leo Braun wheels. They are by far my favorite wheel.

I have a new style Leo, a silver surfer and a flying saucer. Of the 3 I like the flying saucer the best. My chins seem to like it better. This is just a guess but it could be they like the "openness" of it. JMPO

I have an older Leo Braun wheel and two silver surfers. I loooove my Leo Braun.

Where do they sell the new ones? Can you post a link?

I have both the leo braun and the flying saucer...it seems the flying saucer gets more use then anything...but the leo is much quieter when they do use it

The Leo is the gold standard in chin wheels. The saucers as nice too, I like that they fit any size of chin pretty well and allow a full stride. I've also found they are easier to clean and stay cleaner due to the flat surface.

I have one of the new Leo Braun style wheels. Bought it for the prairie dog, who gave me an "as if!" look, now it's in one of the chin cages. It's very quiet, I love it. The chins love it too. I have to say I prefer it compared to the chin spins. But...it also cost me a lot more and cost me $25 to ship. Holy heck.

Thanks everyone. I think that's what I'm going to go with:) I just want him to have something good that will last him a long time. I was considering the chin spin, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the powder coating peeling off and trouble with getting pee off the wood back.

I finally have the money to buy a wheel, but the two site I found that sell them, now say SOLD OUT. Does anyone know of another site that sell the 15" Leo Braun wheel?

My problem with the chinworld site is that it states the wheel is 14" and the running width is 5" and every other site I've looked at says the Leo wheel is 15" with a 6" running surface. I have emailed them and asked if maybe their info was a typo, but they haven't gotten back to me. I really want a 15" wheel cause with wheels bigger is better.

Not sure if you were able to get one already, but we have ours back in stock.

Back