hairring check on a 5 month old

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chancesmomma

So tues night i noticed chance's weewee was out and about, and he kept fussing with it, he also recently started to try to hump my hand and his cuddle buddy...right away i thought hair ring. since he is just starting to get used to me handling him, he will let me hold him for about a minute before he squirms out of my hands, i knew checking would be difficult. long story short i when we managed to get him and i pulled the sheath back i didn't see anything but i didn't wanna mess around with it too much because he was really distressed about and got mad at us for a bit.... the next morning when i woke up and checked on him, it had went back in and looked normal again and he was still his fiesty little rascal self. so my question is if there is any way to make this easier on him so he we don't stress him out too much, it breaks my heart and we felt terrible about it the rest of the night? i was thinking maybe just doing it a check about once every week or two just to get him used to it but i dont want to break his trust either....we've had him since he was about 8 weeks old....he is a real mama's boy.

You only need to do them once a month at most. Both he and you will get used to it and it will become easier each time. Chance messing with his penis at 5 months old is not a sigh of a hair ring but rather a sign that he discovered he has a penis. You will probably see a lot of it along with more hand humping from now on. Welcome to the world of adolescent male chins.

that is what i figured after... he really hasn't been messing with it the way he was that day....im glad he is ok thank you for the response.

Back