Grizzly bear attends wedding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Grizzly Man did pretty much everything wrong in that situation it was possible to foul up. This guy started with a one-on-one relationship with 1 bear cub; the Grizzly Man walked into the already established territory of dozens of starving adult bears unannounced with no means of defense or flight and tried to "make friends". He was an idiot; this guy might be overzealous, but he also understands the animal he's working with. I for one would have loved to be part of their wedding.

I had seen this story before and I believe this man had raised this bear from a cub. The mistake would be to "humanize" this bear, and hopefully this couple are always aware that this is a bear and that they can be unpredictable. I do think the bear is adorable and I would love to have such a relationship with one. I just hope we don't hear a tragic story down the road, though, especially if children become part of the family...

The bear doesn't live with the guy...he's conservationist and has taken care of the bear from a young age.

The grizzly man wasn't killed by one of his grizzly bears. He and his girlfriend were killed by a grizzly from another territory that had already killed someone else. They had never seen or encountered the bear before. They didn't have a radio with them so they didn't hear the warning about the killer bear. The bears he spent his time with never harmed him.

I think it's wonderful that he got to have the bear there as his best man. Since this bear has been in the limelight before I doubt this was very stressful for him (usually why "unpredictable" captive bears attack).

Maybe it's true about the situation with the Grizzly man.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great HE had the bear at his wedding. I just could never do that. I saw a bear up close in an enclosure and was terrified by his power.

Back