Grinding teeth while drinking.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senkovi

I've had a few chinnies, so I'm generally used to their behavior (males, if that matters). But I got a female sometime ago, and she is a little different to me.. The one aspect I'm concerned about however, is that she drinks her water bottle a bit loudly than I'm used to (I can hear it in the next room, door open), and in between sips, she grinds her teeth. It appears normal, and her fur stays dry.. She also drinks more frequently than my other chinchilla. I don't know if this is new or not for her since she's had this since I got her, but I've read some just drink more than others? The temperature for my chinchillas is always comfortably cool for them, so it can't be a overheating issue, and whether she is active or not, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.. She drinks about the same when she's calm and when she's been on her wheel.

Any ideas? :<

Hmm, Rutherford does that too... and I'm not sure why. I've taken him to the vet about two times now, and the vet has declared him a healthy growing boy. I've gotten used to his drinking and grinding.

I also have a chin that does it. I just thought she was short winded. I want to use short winded because I used to have a pony back in the 70's. Where I had her stabled at there was a horse that made the same sound someone told me he was short winded.

Back