Good vacuum for poop and hay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinayTohDoh

I am looking into buying a vacuum that won't get clogged up every time I try to vacuum up their poop and hay. I would like to know what specific vacuums you guys use that work well. :) Thank you.

I use a pretty large shop-vac and bought a larger hose...the small ones they come with tend to get clogged. The more HP, the better.

my chins dont like the sound of a vacume. I also wouldnt doubt that one day they would deside to jump into the front of the hose. So i just use a hand size sweeper and a spatula like thing as a dust pan. Works just fine.

Shop-vac for sure! If you get one with a 2 inch hose, you don't even have to scoop out any hay or bedding first. I usually just pull out the sticks, but have sucked a few up without issues.

Does anyone have a handheld dustbuster type vacuum that works well??? I really don't want to keep a shop vac in my family room!

Mine is really good! I got it at Walmart. It's an 18v Black & Decker handheld. I use it on the carpet and in his cage during cleanings.

Shop vacs come in a lot of sizes. I have a 3 gallon one and it works great! They also come in 1 gallon and obviously larger sizes. Mine isn't any louder than a regular vacuum and it was only $35.

Back