Good quality??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hay should be fine, open it up and smell it, if it smells musty don't get it, if it smells like hay it should be fine. The pellets are not okay, there shouldn't be any "treats" in the pellets, and no dried veggies or fruits in the pellets either. There is a search function at the top of the page, you can use it to find all the recommended pellets. I use Mazuri Chinchilla pellets, they are available by the pound at my local pet store, and Oxbow timothy hay.

I've used All Living Things hay in a pinch, it's pretty decent. Nice and green and crunchy, so long as you can find it fresh from a good store. Sometimes it will sit on their shelves until it is brown, which is bad.
It's comparable to Kaytee hay, which has the same issue. Great if you can find it fresh, but the pet stores leave it on the shelf too long sometimes.
I buy Oxbow hay mostly because I can buy it in HUGE bags, and also because my feed store orders it in fresh for me.

Cranberries are fruit and chinchillas should not be fed fruit of any kind, so no cranberry treats, no matter who makes it.

The sugar in fruits and vegetables can cause an imbalance in their digestive tract. This in turn can cause diarrhea and or bloat.

It doesn't need to have added sugar on the ingredients for it to be full of sugar. Fruit is full of natural sugar. It's what makes the fruit taste sweet.

Back