Good Photo Editing Program

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Does anyone know of a good photo editing program that won't cost me a million dollars to buy?

paint.net is awesome, but only works if you have XP or Vista, and certain versions of .net. Some guys at WSU created it as a graduate project. :D

Gimp is cross platform, sometimes unstable with large projects or if you use tablets.

Picasa can do some basic photo stuff, and is easy to use.

My friend purchased Adobe Elements for ~$90, and really likes it.

I got by with gimp for years until it quit working with my tablet. Had to get Photoshop. I'm very happy with it, but dang it was expensive!

You can get a 30 day trial of Photoshop if it's just for one project. Most computers come with some sort of software, but I don't know how good they all are. My fiance has Gimp and he likes it a lot.

I think it kinda depends on what type of photo editing you're wanting to do as to how high-tech the program you want to get needs to be, and thusly how expensive it will be. Can you give us some sort of idea as to what you'd like to use the software for?

I got paint shop pro for 1/2 off at best buy so it wound up costing $50.....But I have absolutely no idea how to use it yet ROFL I'm tinkering around with it here and there figuring out little things, but that's about all I can do for now :)

I use PhotoPlus 6 which is a free download from www.download.com it's very similar to photoshop. You can buy newer versions which will be even more advanced, but it works great for being free

I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite anniversary edition. I like it. :) I used to use Microsoft Picture It! (nearly the same thing), until I had to reformat and the cd was lost.

I use Photoshop CS, but you should be able to get Photoshop Elements and PaintShop Pro at say, Best Buy for $100 regular price. Thats what they were when I worked at Circuit City.

Those are both good programs if you are wanting a program that does A LOT, use what other people have mentioned if you just want a basic program.

I have gimp and I really really like it!! Its teh full version and pretty easy to use and you can can google other brushes and patterns for it I really enjoy it

I'm really just intending to do basic stuff, but I know if I buy something like Photoshop I'll use it. Thanks for all the free links, I'll use those and save up for a little more expensive program I think. :)

I have Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. I bought it on Ebay for $50. It's the actual software, and it was new in it's box.

Back