Good chin toys around the house?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergggie

I am unable to run to the store for a few days to get my chin wood to chew on. He has a few sticks but I was wondering if there is anything I could give him around the house that would keep him occupied/that he can chew on/that is safe. I have read about people giving their chins cereal boxes and he seems to enjoy those for a few days but I worry about the dye that is used and am scared it could hurt him. Toilet paper rolls are ok but they are boring! :p what could I give him? Please help! Thanks :D

Are toilet paper rolls okay? I've heard that as it's treated paper we shouldn't be using it for chins? (I'm using toilet paper rolls for my hamster though.)

A plain brown paper bag stuffed with some hay and maybe a treat inside. I use paper towel rolls as long as there's no glue on them, and stuff those with hay as well.

I actually like to use toilet paper rolls and stuff them with hay since they recently destroyed their hard manager. It's also recycling.

I worry about bacteria from bathrooms so I don't use toilet rolls. My chinchillas will also eat paper so it's not a good toy for us. Can you go to the hardware store and get a cheap piece of kiln dried pine? It would be a few dollars but you could cut it into pieces and make toys with it. You can get unsweetened KoolAid and dye them with flavor too.

Back