Going away/ playtime>>?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherie18

Hi guys, so my family & I travel & sing, only a couple of weekends out of every month some not at all & sometimes more-were never gone for more than a couple of days, & my brother is always home because he works>>>So my question is, will Cherie be ok with no playtime for a couple of days? I have her food & water taken care of with my brother-but I'm afraid she may get lonely or depressed...?
Am I just being over protective?:hmm:
Just wondering what everyone else does when they are gonna be gone for playtime?

Agree with the above. Chins don't really need play time, and she'll be fine without it. Another thing, whenever I go on vacation, I do not allow anyone to take my chins out of the cage unless it's an emergency. If that person is not used to chins, they make a mistake and lots of unexpected things may happen.

Agree with the above. Chins don't really need play time, and she'll be fine without it. Another thing, whenever I go on vacation, I do not allow anyone to take my chins out of the cage unless it's an emergency. If that person is not used to chins, they make a mistake and lots of unexpected things may happen.

Ok that makes me feel better, well I told my brother not to open the cage unless it's an emergency-but I did tell him to keep her company & talk to her a little so she don't feel abandoned haha I'll just spoil her rotten when I get back with playtime!

I've been gone for 6 days before. I had a critter-sitter give food, water, and sticks to the boys and check on them twice daily. I didn't want them out of their cages (except in case of an emergency) when I wasn't there. They had their wheels, at least. They didn't like it but they were fine, and I was forgiven when I got back home.

You can get her a chin spin or flying saucer, so at least she can excersice while you are gone.

Mindy plays in my bathroom (The basement I keep her cage in is unfinished at the moment, and has all kind of chin-scaries..) every day, except Fridays and Saturdays, which are the 'house cleaning days'. I don't want her in a freshly bleached bathroom, I'm afraid of the fumes messing with her lungs... And she is fine with it, so I think your chin will be okay too!

I agree. A few years back, I was going to be away from home for a couple weeks..due to surgery and rehab. My husband was already familiar with carring for Trixie, and taking her out, so that was not an issue. But between working, and coming to visit me..he was not able to take her out more than every third day or so. She was fine. Normally that is all I take her out as well.

Back