Gluttonous chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightnurse

Is it common for chins to be like little piggy's when it comes to treats? Mine wants as much as possible in his mouth- he will put what he can in there and keeps begging while he is chewing. He can't get enough. Is this a characteristic of all chins, most chins, some chins? I haven't been around any others but I find it quite amusing. He gets so upset when I don't give him more. Just wondering if it's a common behaviour or not. It's similar to feeding a dog- he doesn't relish it at all, he just gulps it down like air.

My boy would probably gobble up treats all day. I make sure to limit him, even though he's such a ham and just begs and begs for more. Its hard to resist, but I try! I'd rather hold back on the treats and keep him healthy.

Pretty much all of my chins will beg when they see the rosehips, apple sticks, or shredded wheats come out. They inhale the first treat and want more. I think this is pretty common for most chins.

A treat every once in a while is okay- as long as it is healthy. I would avoid giving treats any more than once or twice per week. All a chin really needs is quality hay, pellets and water.

I think it's pretty normal for them to beg, at least in this house. Usually when they beg for more treats after just having one, I'll feed them single pellets out of their food dish. They think anything that comes out of my hand is a treat, so they don't care that it's just a plain pellet.

Back