Gluten/egg/dairy free chocolate chip cookies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
I've finally developed a nice fluffy cookie recipe that is chewy in the center.

Notes: I am at 22ft above sea level, adjustments may need to be made for higher altitudes. 350 @ 10-14min

• 1 C. Brown Sugar
  • 2 eggs or replacements (I use 2TBS ground chia seeds + 6TBS water mixed together and let it sit a few minutes to thicken)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (I prefer Saigon cinnamon in these)
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • 3/4 - 1 C Almond Butter
  • 1.5 - 2 C Flower, I use a mix of Brown and White rice flour. You can also use Oats and grind them to a flower in your blender or whatever you have on hand. Just make the dough thick enough that when you poke it none comes off on your finger.
Don't forget the chocolate chips or raisins of course!

I'll post pictures when I make another batch. :))

Gluten Free cookie picture

I need to note that I use sweet white rice flour in these not just regular white rice flour. It is very starchy. I ran out this batch and had to grind up some jasmine rice which is a little gritty. You can see that in the picture.

Using finely ground rice flours you get a beautiful smooth puffy cookie. I get my flours from nutsonline.com

Oh, and the rest of the instructions for those that don't bake often - mix the egg/substitute and brown sugar until it is creamy then add everything else, with the flour second to last and the chocolate chips last.

Enjoy! :D

Attachments

• cookies.jpg
    cookies.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Cookie2.jpg
    Cookie2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Are you a vegan, because I am and this is great.
Thanks! No, I couldn't be vegan with all the grains and veggies I've had to give up. I also have chickens but sometimes have a reaction to eggs. I still eat them but I don't bake with them any more.

Wow these look good! Have you tried baking with almond, sunflower seed, or coconut flour? I can have rice, but it makes me crave carbs like crazy, so I try to avoid too much starch or I gain lots of weight and feel like death. I've been experimenting baking with non-grain flours and it's been fun! The best recipe I recently made was Pizza Crust, using this recipe: http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/08/07/meat-lovers-pizza/

However I subbed ground flax for the almond flour and sunflower seed flour for the cashew flour. (I can't have nuts). LOL sounds like I can't eat much of anything! My other recent favorite recipe is for Macaroons! I wasn't a coconut fan until going gluten free, and now I can't get enough of it.

3 egg whites, 1.5 cups shredded full fat coconut, 2T honey, 1T coconut palm sugar. (Palm sugar is optional, you can also just use a little more honey). Beat whites with sugar/honey until stiff peaks form and then slowly stir in the coconut. Bake at 375 for 12 min.

i added the vanilla and brown sugar more in quantity and it turned out very well

Back