Gas range around chinchillas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamaisVu

Hello!

I'll be moving into a new house soon, which currently has a gas range and fireplace. I have never had gas appliances so I had never given it much thought, but it suddenly occurred to me I didn't know if they were safe for Susu.

I tried looking for information on that last night and could not find anything about safety of gas appliances and chinchillas...does anybody here have any experience with that?

Thanks!

My house has a gas (propane) stove and a wood fireplace as the primary heating, my chins have been fine. I wouldn't advise having the chin in the kitchen with a gas stove though, but so long as it's in another room, or far enough away if it's an open floor plan, it shouldn't be an issue, unless it's leaking of course but then it's just as unsafe for you ;) .

My house has a gas (propane) stove and a wood fireplace as the primary heating, my chins have been fine. I wouldn't advise having the chin in the kitchen with a gas stove though, but so long as it's in another room, or far enough away if it's an open floor plan, it shouldn't be an issue, unless it's leaking of course but then it's just as unsafe for you ;) .
Thanks so much! That makes me feel a little better. I'll find a good place for her away from the appliances :)

Back