Fur Chewer

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightnurse

I've had lots of luck with my fur chewer and thought I would share for anyone else who might want some ideas.
So I rescued my boy Darwin back in January. The first picture is how he looked about a month after. I've been trying a few different things with him, bought some botanical hay [timothy hay with some chamomile and other herbs[he's such an anxious boy]] and have just overall improved his living conditions. 2nd picture is how he looked 3 weeks ago. I had been doing research and spoke with my very informed small pet store and decided to try him on a few flax seeds [4-5] daily and had brushed him daily for a week. Well he kecked at me a lot but let me do it and pic 3 was very promising.
Now I've been sick the last week and haven't been able to brush but pic 4 seems 90% better from the beginning. Trouble is I don't know if it's the flax seed or brushing but I'm feeling pretty good. I never get very much hair when I brush either but it did seem to encourage new growth.

Attachments

• 1st.JPG
    1st.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2nd.JPG
    2nd.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3rd.JPG
    3rd.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 4th.JPG
    4th.JPG