Frustrating Humidity Vol. 2

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

I thought I had the issue fixed. I just put the heater on low constantly, and it'd turn off when it hit 68 degrees F and it also kept the humidity down with the addition of two mini renewable dehumidifiers and a large tub of dehumidifying crystals that don't have an aroma to them. The humidity was at, I dunno, 45%? But then it started to slowly increase out of nowhere. I never changed anything. Now it's getting to the 58-61% range. Temp is still fine, varying between 66-68 F. I tried turning the AC on the dehumidify, and it did lower it to about 55%, but whenever I use it for too long (even though it's not even two hours of running time) it starts to INCREASE the humidity. Does anyone know any cheap ways to help the humidity? I can't afford anything above $30 right now. I'm getting my house lifted 3-4 feet in three to four months or so, and that'll drastically lower the humidity.

You can try running a fan pointed at the ground. Humidity tends to settle lower and if you can get it to disperse a bit that might help.

The issue is that I have nowhere to plug a fan in. The outlets in the laundry room are dead except for the ones that power the washer and dryer.

Back