Free Chin Spin (you pay shipping)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherLouWho

The Squee Queen
Hello!

I have an older Chin Spin chinchilla wheel that we haven't used for a couple of years now (we got a flying saucer wheel, which Asa likes better). We are unpacking from a move, and it dawned on me that it should go to someone who can put it to use! It is an original Quality Cage Crafters Chin Spin, 15" diameter and 6.25" wide. They are currently selling on Amazon for $119. Per the description there, "This open-wheel design is made with a quality wood backing inserted into a 15" Diameter sheet metal ring. The ring is coated with a silver vein powder coating which serves as a grip for the chins 6-1/4" running surface. Easily mounted to most cages with supplied hardware. We recommend the bottom of the wheel is 2" above the cage floor. It extends 8" from the wall of the cage." It has enclosed bearings, and spins REALLY smoothly. See photos for condition.

The deal is that it is heavy and bulky. If you live in the MD/DC/Northern Virginia area, you can certainly just come and pick it up. If you can't do that, I can ship it at your expense, which will probably be pretty costly.

Private message me if you are interested.

Heather Wells

Attachments

• 20210209_192141[1].jpg
    20210209_192141[1].jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210209_192207[1].jpg
    20210209_192207[1].jpg
    84 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210209_192238[1].jpg
    20210209_192238[1].jpg
    116 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210209_192058[1].jpg
    20210209_192058[1].jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 15
This is not a Quality Cage "Crafters" wheel. Yours is The Original ChinSpin by Quality Cage Company! Big difference. When Josh took over QC not only did the name changed to Crafters, the wheel, cages for chinchillas designs/materials were changed as well. As a result, many chinchillas suffered significant injuries.

This is not a Quality Cage "Crafters" wheel. Yours is The Original ChinSpin by Quality Cage Company! Big difference. When Josh took over QC not only did the name changed to Crafters, the wheel, cages for chinchillas designs/materials were changed as well. As a result, many chinchillas suffered significant injuries.
So is the old one better or the new?I'm confused...

The older chinspins by Quality Cage Co (Company) . Excellent reputation among the Chinchilla communities. Customer service had high standards. Products, 5 star reviews. Shipping-immediately. Chin Spin came with a lifetime guarantee! No bolts, bearing replacements. The owners sold QC and retired. The new owner changed the name to QC "Crafters". As well as the chinspin & chinchilla cages, ledges etc. i have first hand experience with a product that cut toes off of 1 of my chins. Josh takes zero responsibility for injuries his quality cage crafters designs have caused to many chinchillas. There is so much more I could say however, I feel it is best I only speak of my chinchillas. If that makes sense? I have switched to the flying saucer.

The older chinspins by Quality Cage Co (Company) . Excellent reputation among the Chinchilla communities. Customer service had high standards. Products, 5 star reviews. Shipping-immediately. Chin Spin came with a lifetime guarantee! No bolts, bearing replacements. The owners sold QC and retired. The new owner changed the name to QC "Crafters". As well as the chinspin & chinchilla cages, ledges etc. i have first hand experience with a product that cut toes off of 1 of my chins. Josh takes zero responsibility for injuries his quality cage crafters designs have caused to many chinchillas. There is so much more I could say however, I feel it is best I only speak of my chinchillas. If that makes sense? I have switched to the flying saucer.

Thank you for your feedback. This is Josh the owner of QCC. Can you please provide me with info on your injured chinchilla?
I am not aware of you contacting us to communicate about the problem, although I do not have your name from here. I would like to talk to you so that we can work to solve it, especially if it was truly caused by our product.

I will say, that I have not changed the design of any chinchilla products from when I took over the company in Sept 15th. The chin spin is the same, the chinchilla mansions, all accessories, are all the same. We have only added new products.

We have grown much larger than where the company was at before and that is the reason for the production wait times. We especially got hit with longer times during covid, but are nearing back to our goal of two-day shipping. The notices on our website give transparent date estimations. Most of our new and returning customers have understood that, and been fine with waiting.

Please feel free to send me photos of the incident you said our product injured your chin, I would really like to learn why that happened and see if we cant help.

Looking forward,
Josh Paulson

I sent you the requested photos.

Your empathy, safety standards, and concern for all living pets & quality of life ~ you made clear in your reply. As follows

JoshQuality Cage reply:

the chinchilla you paralized, 1 chin leg cut, a quality cage belly cut a chinchilla, are not my pets however the injuries are not hearsay. Heartbreaking, animals suffering, pet parents in tears , bloody pictures from your products.
You are at fault.
You make the wheel & cages yourself.
Well known how You brag on social media you made a machine that allowed you to fire employees and manufactures.

Hello!

I have an older Chin Spin chinchilla wheel that we haven't used for a couple of years now (we got a flying saucer wheel, which Asa likes better). We are unpacking from a move, and it dawned on me that it should go to someone who can put it to use! It is an original Quality Cage Crafters Chin Spin, 15" diameter and 6.25" wide. They are currently selling on Amazon for $119. Per the description there, "This open-wheel design is made with a quality wood backing inserted into a 15" Diameter sheet metal ring. The ring is coated with a silver vein powder coating which serves as a grip for the chins 6-1/4" running surface. Easily mounted to most cages with supplied hardware. We recommend the bottom of the wheel is 2" above the cage floor. It extends 8" from the wall of the cage." It has enclosed bearings, and spins REALLY smoothly. See photos for condition.

The deal is that it is heavy and bulky. If you live in the MD/DC/Northern Virginia area, you can certainly just come and pick it up. If you can't do that, I can ship it at your expense, which will probably be pretty costly.

Private message me if you are interested.

Heather Wells
The flying saucer comes in three sizes. Which size do you recommend for full-grown chinchillas?? Thanks for any info.

The flying saucer comes in three sizes. Which size do you recommend for full-grown chinchillas?? Thanks for any info.
You want the standard or large, I have the standard size and it's fine for my chins that are both around 650g. If your chins is a big one, like in the 1,000g+ range I would go with the large.

Back