Freak out jump?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjddud1009

Snowy and 7 humans
It's weird. There won't be any sound or whatever and my chinchilla just sometimes jumps in one place as if he is freaking out? It was funny at first b/c it reminded me of like.. in comics when the characters freak out they jump, it's very similar to that except his.. doing a twisty jump. I let him out every night but.. maybe that's not enough for him? His very active so.. could be it but.. has anyone's chinchilla done this before?

It's called pop corning. They do it when they are happy or excited. Perfectly normal and go ahead and laugh. :thumbsup:

About letting chins out

So when letting a chinchilla out, we're supposed to let them just hope back into his cage.. So.. Does that mean I have to let the cage down? I have ot in height so he can't really.. Just jump back in. So do i have to put the cage down for him? I find that quite... The work b/c the cage is pretty big and tall :O.. What do you guys do?

Put his dust bath or a carrier down, let him get into it and then take him to his cage and let him jump out. Much easier on the back than moving the cage.

I have my cage on a tall card table and he cant get on or off of it so i open the cage door and use a 2x4 as a ladder for him to have constant access to his cage when he is out. He is much more comfortable when he knows he can get in and out, think about a ramp that he can climb!

Back