ForCHINate Chinchilla wheel review?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is absolutely a good deal, and well made, and better than having no wheel at all.

That being said, it's very noisy, and my girl wouldn't run on it. Also, letting her dust in the cage crapped up the bearings and I had to constantly take it out and oil it, which made for a nasty mess.

If this is all you can afford for now, go for it. But if there is any way to swing a more expensive wheel, they are worth their weight in gold.

I had one for awhile, have to agree that it's noisy. My chins would run on it for a bit and then I dunno if the noise bothered them or what, they wouldn't run on it after that. Put in a chin spin and they run and run and run. In my opinion, it's worth waiting to get a better wheel. We have our chins in the basement and we could easily hear this wheel on the 2nd floor of the house.

They are noisy and don't spin well at all. I'd save your money put it towards buying a more expensive/better wheel.

I got one for my girls and I bought them a silver surfer a few days later. It was LOUD and it came to me sticky. I tried to wash it out with Dawn, but it stayed sticky. I would definitely wait until you can afford a better wheel. But honestly, if you want to try it out, cover shipping and you can have mine.

I also did not care for it, I had one when I lived in an apartment, and I always worried about them running on it at night. Over time all the dust got in the bearings as well and it was very hard to spin.

Back