Foot chewing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellie

Hello!

I was just petting my chin and noticed something about her foot. She has a small bald patch on it, that I never remember seeing. It isn't a wound, and there is no blood or a scab, but the hair is gone. It's only on one foot, and isn't that big, but I know that fur chewing can be a big problem for chins.

She gets a lot of monitored playtime, has a lot of chew toys, water, hay, and food, so I don't know what could be causing it.

Does anyone know what this could be? Or do you have any tips?

Attachments

• foot wound.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Is she actually chewing on it? If not it just looks like she scrapped the fur off his foot, maybe misjudged a jump in the cage or something. Since you said there is no blood or anything I would just keep an eye on it. If she is actually chewing on it it could be causing pain and needs to be checked out by the vet.

It doesn't look like fur chewing, normally when people talk about fur chewing it looks like someone took a pair of scissors to the fur, poorly cutting it short but not to the skin. Fur Chewing

Is she actually chewing on it? If not it just looks like she scrapped the fur off his foot, maybe misjudged a jump in the cage or something. Since you said there is no blood or anything I would just keep an eye on it. If she is actually chewing on it it could be causing pain and needs to be checked out by the vet.

It doesn't look like fur chewing, normally when people talk about fur chewing it looks like someone took a pair of scissors to the fur, poorly cutting it short but not to the skin. Fur Chewing

I see, I didn't really think of that, but it's possible. My chin has a habit of running and jumping recklessly, so that would make sense. I'll still keep an eye on her and take her to the vet if I see a bad habit beginning to form.

Thank you!

Back