FN liner question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvatore

So I'm not sure if this has been answered somewhere else but has anyone had issues with their chin trying to just pull the liner for the ferret nation up? I tried using Velcro to hold it down and that only seemed to make her more persistent in pulling it apart. My other chin on the bottom doesn't bother with it. It's driving me nuts cause she is making a huge mess and the liner was supposed to help me minimize the mess. Any ideas?

I made mine like pillow cases so my ornery little chin can't pull it up. He did chew and dig at first while getting use to the fleece. I made sure he had lots of toys to distract him.

Most of my cages have the metal pans in them. I've tried putting heavy stuff on each corner and yet somehow the little boogers keep pulling them up and burrowing underneath them anyhow. It's funny none of my chins had bothered with trying to pull up the fleece and then just one day out of nowhere one of them figured it out. Seems like they must be social learners because within 24-48 hours dang near ever cage had chins trying to burrow under the fleece like they were suddenly part gopher. I like the idea of using super strong magnets, but I'd be afraid the chins would try to eat them.

I've tried it both ways (the pillowcase way or the regular way) with my boys and one of them just does not want the fleece in his way!
I sewed some pillowcase fleece liners and then one of them decided he liked going under it to snuggle up for the night. Perhaps it's the darkness or something! And the other ones just get flopped about as they run and frolic despite my attempt to keep them down and tucked in!

Back