Flying Saucer

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spettit

I recently bought a flying saucer wheel for my one year old chinchilla. I understand that he needs time to learn how to use it but when he gets on it he spins out of control or back and forth until he gets the courage to jump off. How can I make it so the wheel only moves when he is moving?

I really don't think that's possible with the flying saucer. My girls have one, and they kick off of it to get to the top of the cage, causing it to spin. Or they rock on it.

A better choice might be the chin spin or silver surfer. My boys have the silver surfer and the wheel really only starts gaining speed under their own momentum.

Mine did that at first, but now they run like crazy on it. I think it just takes a lot of time to get the hang of it.

It just takes time, they always seem to figure it out. Both of my chins totally rock out on their saucers nightly.

My chin had the saucer in her cage for almost a month it seemed like before I caught her running on it. So give it time! She would jump on it at first and ride it as it moved around, she wouldn't run right away though, and I think it scared her. But now she loves it and is constantly on it! I was worried for awhile that she wouldn't get a hang of it, but it just took time!

Back