Fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinnypigs

I'm a guineapig momma and have become a huge fan of fleece liners for cages. So far, I've only sewn one cage liner for the bottom of the chin cage, but I've been placing pee pads on the shelves they seem to prefer to urinate on. I think it's worth it, and I can't be the only person using fleece with chins. DOES anybody else use fleece liners for chinchillas?

Oh, and they LOVE fleece cubes!!!

Some owners do use Anti Pill fleece. (anti pill being the safest). Pee pads can be dangerous tho. Some chins will still chew fleece. (If they do, it must be removed.) And some that dont can start up any time. If they get to a pee pad and inject any bits they chew it cause a blockage inside them which can lead to a lot of trouble.

Yes fleece is a common bedding used for chins too. I wish I had thought/known about that as an option when I had guinea pigs, that would have made life some much easier, lol. If you check out the Ferret Nation club tread for example you will see lots of people use fleece.

As said though, unless you are talking about pee pads you made yourself with just layers of fleece, then the normal pee pads are dangerous. They contain chemicals that are not intended to be eaten, and chins chew on everything.

Pee pads

I made (or purchase) all pee pads, liners, etc. as a fleece sandwich with uhaul blanket in the center. They're just so handy with the guinea pigs, I'm determined to make it work with the chins! The pee pads I put up a few days ago are still in place, which is an improvement! ;)

Back