First time Chinchilla owner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annamoorey

Hi everyone. I’ve had my chin for just over 2 and a half years now. I adopted him from his previous owner. I’ve always wanted one but didn’t know much about them. I’m still learning now. There’s lots of different opinions out there on what to do or what not to do with them.
Anyway, this is Chilli my 5 year old chin and I adore him ❤️C36F1AFF-6DD7-421A-83BB-685C1D996C40.jpeg

Hi there- he is adorable! It’s always fun and exciting to bring a chin into your life and give him/her the best life possible. I hope you continue to share pictures. :) Ask questions if you are unable to find answers on the forum. We are here to help.

It's best to keep things simple with chins, so if things are questionable it's better to just play it safe and not use it. Also when faced with conflicting info, most of the time you can ask (if on FB or form for example) or even find an explanation online to help you find out what about it makes it unsafe and if it's actually safe or not for your chin. For example, most chins just shred and chew up cardboard, but some actually swallow it and end up with a gut blockage from it.

Back