Finally "Growing up"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Trouble....
Yeah, I kind of did this about a year ago when I found out I was pregnant, and even more 6 months ago when Cassi was born, but now it's going to be official. Keith and I have finally found an apartment. Move in is set for about two weeks from now and I can't wait! It's not the nicest looking place by any means, but it will be ours! I'm hoping to get in to start cleaning this week (we are helping with fixing it up and cleaning from the previous tenants as part of our security), and we are set to sign the lease next weekend, hopefully, then start moving in! It's a shame because it will be too close to the holiday to really be able to decorate for Cassi's first Christmas, but she'll get to enjoy all that sort of stuff next year. Just had to share my excitement with someone!

I don't think Cassie will mind missing all the Christmas decorations as she is still so young yet. I think it is awesome news that you guys have your own place soon! Congratulations!!!

Yay! Congrats! I just moved into my own place recently too, it was super exciting for me too! I'm sure you'll make it into a great home for your family, Christmas decorations or not! :)

congrats!!!

i remember the first apartment where it was just me listed on the lease. it felt darn good! :))

just make sure that all the cleaning/work you are doing to help offset the security deposit cost is in writing, and both you and the landlord sign the document.

I know the feeling! I moved out last yr and all my decorations are donations from my grandparents. Congrats on gettin your own place.

Well, the plans fell through... Keith and his parents went in to clean it last night before we started moving stuff in and roaches were everywhere. NOPE! Not happening. So we're back on the search again.

icky! I'm sorry it didn't work out, but that just means your place is still waiting for you to find it. Hopefully the search won't be long. Good luck!

Trust me, it's always better to wait for the right place than to settle. You'll be happy when you do move into your own place and I want pictures whenever that may happen!!

We have a potential place lined up in the spring. A woman in my pharmacy overheard me talking about apartment shopping and stuff, and told me her sister has a house for rent, but her son is currently staying in it while he's finishing up school. It's a GORGEOUS 3 bedroom house with a finished basement in a much better part of town. Same price as we would have been paying for the 2br in the not-so-nice part of town. She talked to her sister, and she'd be willing to do a rent-to-own with us, some here's to hoping come spring...

Last edited:
Back