ferret nation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choopielover

Hi, I was thinking on getting my one chin, Choopie a Ferret Nation 142, I have had choopie for 5 months now. Is the Ferret Nation too big for one chin? will he get lonely? because I read somewhere if thier cage is too big they will get lonely? I am only getting him a new cage, beacuse when I received him from a friend who could no longer take care of him, he had the wrong food, wrong cage, wrong toys, too many treats, no hay it seemed they did nothing right. Since then I have taken him off treats, and fed him Oxbow food, and Oxbow Timothy Hay etc. I am only going to have one chin for now, but maybe in the future adopt another from a rescue.:wink2:

Last edited:
I've had single chins in a ferret nation before. Just make sure there are lots of ledges and hammocks. I have one chinchilla in a cage that is even bigger than the ferret nation and she's fine in there on her own. It's 6 feet tall and 3 feet by 3 feet.

Congrats on the chin. They are addictive!

Alright, Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I was doing something good for him, not something that will made him lonely.
I will get the cage then, and hopefully be able to adopt another in the future.
Aww i know, I love to spoil Choopie :)

If you want to order pans within Canada, there are two places in Ontario. Grandview Rabbitry and Sunny Meadow Cages. I've used both places to get metal pans for the FN.

I think it's a great idea, especially if you are considering getting another one in the future. Ferret Nation cages can easily be divided into two cages, in case the pairing doesn't work out.

Ok, Thanks Tanya, I will definitaly do that, I hate the mess woodchips make, or maybe i will use fleece on the bottom,
and Mistywaterwomen, that's one of the things that I really like about the cage, because my chinnie has been alone for a couple of years, so I don't know how well he would take to having another chinnie around.

i have a 2 yr old female who's always lived alone & we just got her the ferret nation 142 over the weekend & she loves it!! she has both levels open, her face was priceless when she realized how much space she had to run & play compared to her old cage. fuzzies kingdom has good specials going on now if you need more toys for the new cage :)

Edgar lives very happily in his FN and I like that he has so much room to exercise when he wants to. We only use the bottom pan and use fleece liners on the top. It's really funny because some mornings Edgar you can tell that he's had a party the night before.

I think your chin will love the room once they get used to it.

Back