Ferret Nation Poop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Julyetta

I have a 2 story ferret nation, however it seems like every time i walk into the room, there is poop EVERYWHERE:hair:!!!!!!! i am wondering what everyone does to try to minimize the poop going out of the cage, and where I can get deep custom made pans for the bottoms (I am canadian) Thanks!

There are 2 local places for you. Sunny Meadows Cages or Grandview Rabbitry.

I've used both places. Sunny Meadows takes EMT's and ships super fast. With Bass you may get hit with duty.

What's the best place to buy these pans for residents of the U.S.??

I sent an email into Bass to get a quote or to see if they made 4-5 inch sided pans last week and still no reply. Is that normal? And if and when they do get an order how long does it take to get them

I just saw someone else say that they got 3" pans done from Bass by calling them on the phone about it, and it added $6 per pan to her total bill to get them made deeper.

Just call them, they can probably give you a quote on a deeper pan, although 3" seems way deep enough to me. I am fine with my 2.5" ones.

It's been a while since I ordered mine, but I'm thinking it was only about a week later that I got them? Didn't take much time at all!

That was me. I called them. Three inches deep is as deep as they make them now. It is my understanding that you could get them deeper but not any more. I'm going with the 3" deep pans and may add some type of edges or guards on my shelves.

I also emailed them and they answered in one day. I would try again. Good luck.

I called Bass Equip. and placed an order for 2 of the 3" deep pans last Monday and received them in 4 days. The total cost with shipping was $69.85.

I ordered mine from Sunny Meadows.Once the e-check cleared, I received it in one day! She is also very helpful and fast at responding.

Are the edges on the pans from Sunny Meadows rollled like the Bass pans?
I have been thinking about getting some for quite awhile now.
I'm tired of poo every where all the time.
It amazes me how far they can throw it/kick it however they manage it. :)

If you get deep pans for the ferret nation cage, does it make it harder for the chins to get to the second floor? Could they get hurt by the edge of the pan when going through the peep hole to the second floor?

A lot of people have those deep pans for the FNs, and I have not seen any complaints or worries about chins getting hurt or having trouble getting to the second level. They should be fine. =)

I think my pans are 3.5 but i am not sure. My fiance' make them, as he is a sheet metal worker. I got a FN w/bass pans from someone local who was selling them and his look exactly the same.

$69.85 is a good price, especially if it included shipping.

the deeper pans do cut down the poop & hay spillage but there is still debris of poop, hay, & litter from their litter pans scattered on my floor every day. just the way of chin life!

I also placed hardware mesh on all of my FN cages and while the poo still gets out they now have a smaller area to get it out of so that lightened up the poo mess.....Also we just moved into our house and we had to replace a few window screens...my fiance is trying to figure out how to attach some pieces of screen in a way that the chins can not get to it...it may be hard for them because they can not fit their mouths through the hardware cloth but we want to be able to easily remove the screening so that we can clean what falls into that area...

Back