Ferret Nation Model 182

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvatore

WOOHOO! I finally ordered my ferret nation cage. Got a double unit off of ferret.com for only 160.00! That being said I want to make sure that the dimensions are the same as the ones on bass equipment. It'd be a shame if I ordered metal pans and they didn't fit. So anyone with 182 models of an FN if you could let me know if the dimensions are the same then I can go ahead and order the pans as well. Sooooo excited :)

I just purchased the FN182 today! Loved that ferret.com sale, and with a quick Google search, reduced my shipping by $15! I placed an order for a Bass pan as well today!

:)

Question for those who bought the Ferret Nation cages during the ferret.com sale: is it also taking a very long time for your order to be processed? It's been a week since I ordered it and it still hasn't shipped out yet!

Question for those who bought the Ferret Nation cages during the ferret.com sale: is it also taking a very long time for your order to be processed? It's been a week since I ordered it and it still hasn't shipped out yet!

I actually received my FN cage three days early. I did however place the order over a week ago and the shipping information didn't come up for awhile. Odds are they are stuffed with orders right now. It ships through FedEx and you should get a tracking code on the cage. Hope that helps!

That reminds me, I need to order the Bass pans today. I purchased the FN Double 182 last week from Ferret.com too. Should be here Tuesday. I can't believe the price compared to the stuff you see in your large chain pet store, even after shipping.

Also, to save you some research with Bass pans, there are a few additional options you don't see on their ferret pan order page.
  • You can upgrade the walls from 2.5inches to 3inches for $6 per pan
  • You can upgrade from galvanized steel to stainless steel. If you order both pans with 2.5" walls, it's roughly $30 more than the galvanized.

Some more details on the pans and feedback on galvanized vs stainless in my thread over here:
http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38803

Nebbalish:
I ordered the FN182 on June 4th around 12:30pm. I received tracking late next day, June 5th, at 10pm. I did upgrade to ground shipping for a $1 more. FedEx estimates Tuesday delivery. Considering how fast it shipped, might be worth asking for a status update on your order.

I ordered mine late on Friday night and received it Wed afternoon.

How big is the cage when it is all boxed up? ie: how big is the box that the cage comes in when it arrives?

I called ferret.com about the delay...turns out that I was supposed to get an email to confirm my shipping address. I never got that email and so my order was on hold until today when I called the customer representative :/

I felt like I should've pushed for some money back or something...

Just got my 182 this morning.. I'm a little disappointed because the box was in awful condition, and the top pan is broken slightly- I can't use it, it won't fit now and there's a sharp edge I'd worry about my chin cutting himself on.

All and all ferret.com shipping was fast but make sure you check it when you receive your order.

So I ordered my dbl FN on the 11th and got shipping information on the 12th. It's supposed to go to Irvine, CA (SoCal), but the shipping says that it went up to Saint-Louis Montana? It's still in transit, but I just don't know why they'd sent up to a different state when the two cities are only an hour apart. Did anyone else see that with their shipping?

Last edited:
Those cages are drop shipped straight from Midwest. Call Midwest and tell them your pan arrived broken. They will send you a replacement. Same thing happened to me with a Critter Nation and they were cool about it. The phone # should be on your instruction sheet.

Last edited:
My box arrived scuffed up and some of the large staples missing or half torn out, but overall nothing too terrible.

The condition of the metal was good, only a few scuffs in the paint here and there.

The two plastic pans were mostly okay, except one has the outside wall splitting away, about 10 inches long.

I have stainless steel bass pans coming, so I don't plan to use the plastic pans. Though, I wish they were in perfect condition in case I have to use them in an emergency.

Maybe I should call midwest too for a replacement pan.

I will be making shelves for my Chinchilla out wood and eventually tile, so I don't really need the plastic shelves. As far as tracking my numbers never worked.. and one of the squares where the pegs for the top layer insert was bent. I fixed it myself, but I had to hammer it out and then hammer the top layer on. I'm satisfied with the cage overall, and it's going to be great for my new chin, but I'm not so pleased with Ferret.com's shipping. I'm debating calling them and asking for a refund on the shipping costs, given that the cage arrived damaged, but I know without proof their going to tell me too bad.

Back