Failed Intro :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
It seems my attempt to bond my girls has failed. I tried the cage within a cage method. I put my more dominant chin in the small cage and the shy one in the bigger cage in a neutral area. I even wiped everything with a vinegar wash with fresh bedding. At first Chimi didn't do anything but as soon as Lilly came to investigate Chimi lunged at the bars and got a good chunk of Lilly's fur. Lilly was not deterred and wouldn't even fight back. I decided to just give it time but when Lilly got close to Chimi, Chimi would attack the bars.
They seem to not mind cages next to each other at least. Lilly still calls to Chimi and sleeps as close as possible to her.
Ah well, I knew that there was a high chance it wouldn't work out. :(

It's definitely the best for both chins to be separate if Chimi does not want a cagemate. Hopefully having their own space and just being neighbors will be enough for both of them. If Lilly seems to want a cagemate, I would get her a cuddle buddy if she doesn't already have one.

Don't be discouraged- my intros have not worked out well either...

Ive been patiently waiting with mine, they sniffed each other a few days ago and it went bad, fast. Sorry youre having a hard time, I feel your pain.

Thanks everyone for the support. I think Lilly misses her sister but Chimi has been a single spoiled lady for 7 years so I understand her view.
And she does have one Dragon :) she loves it. I've seen her trying to get it to play with her but lately I've found it in the litter pan...I guess it needed to go potty and she was helping it?

Back