Eye Infection

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnhappyRefrain

My male chin who is less then a year old has an eye infection. He has had problems with this eye (clear discharge) for a week now, which I have been treating with eye drops. It seems to clear up for awhile, but then today he is holding his eye closed. Although he has opened it now and he is acting normal, I tried to get him into the vet. Most of them were booked for weeks and my emergency vet does not have an exotic on duty today. The best I could do was get him an appointment at a vet I have never been to on monday. I need to know what else I can be doing for him before his appointment. I'm going to continue the drops and perhaps try a warm compress (that's probably not going to go over too well), but I was hoping that there was some product somebody could recommend to me. Like an ointment or something. Please let me know what else I can do. I am greatly appreciative to anybody who can take the time to offer me advice.

Back