Extra Dark White Mosaic?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have never bred whites that much, mainly standards black velvets and beige. I know my herd is most extra dark standards but even with my light animals i produce these dark mosaics. Off and on i get true snow whites out but i seem to produce these mosaics the most. Any ideas what would produce better mutations with these dark whites. This young female is only five months old. They have great fur and i would like to see what they could do......:hmm:

Attachments

• 100_0040.jpg
    100_0040.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I love her coloring! I personally prefer mosaics with a lot of grey on them.

Any ideas what would produce better mutations with these dark whites.
If you mean you want white whites, get a different white line. Some lines allow more of the base color to show through, like yours. I have one of each now, one produces a marbled effect, the other is always pure white no matter what mutation you cross into it.

If you want to capitalize the pet market, breed them to Velvets and get some striking black and white chins. If the fur is the type that it allows Tov strength on white they will compete really well. :))

it's like a mix of lightning bolt and south america on her side. very fitting for a chin, lol! what a gorgeous girl :))

I personally like the darker whites myself. I just had a white male born two weeks ago that has the one single stripe on the side like she does.

My wilson white line is as pure as can be but my standards are so extra dark and have been bred so strong that way for over twenty years it is hard to get white whites. I do have several white tov's this year that are just great. We plan on going to the ohio empress show and both nationals this year with full show strings in mutations and standards. Some of the mosaics are out of the extra dark whites and a ebony line. Thanks everyone for the great comments.

Back