Exterminators and Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerKoala

I came back to my apartment today and found that the exterminator had come and sprayed for pest control (which I was notified about but wasn't able to be there when they came) – my building has a mouse problem. It looked like only the kitchen and living room were sprayed, and the bedroom, where I keep the cage, had been left alone. I was able to leave my chin with a sitter for the week, so she wasn’t in the apartment when it was sprayed. Once the chemicals have dried, should I be concerned about them harming her?

If they were spraying for rodents, I would think it could be problematic. Make sure you clean really well before bringing her home, especially any areas where she may come out for playtime.

Can your apartment provide contact information for the company that came in and sprayed?
Surely you could then call and explain your situation?

Thanks guys! I asked and they let me know that after it dries for a few hours it's fine for pets, but I'll mop up the floors anyway for good measure.

Back