Quantcast

Exterminator and chinchillas?

kiiryon

I had an exterminator come out to treat the house for bugs. He did not treat my bedroom, since that is where my chins live and I was nervous about him doing it there. However he did treat the room where they have playtime. Does anyone know how long I should wait until they can have playtime in that room again? Should I wipe down the baseboards or anything?

Amethyst

Staff member
Do you know what kind of spray was used, liquid, aerosol,...? Also is it a baby and pet safe kind, specifically is it rodent safe? They normally will tell you (or you can look up the product) how soon after it's safe, but I would say at least a day or two if it's the kind that you don't have to leave the house for, if the kind you need to leave the house for then I would say at least a week. Also what all was sprayed? just around the baseboards or was the floors and walls done as well? I would wipe down anything that was sprayed that the chin could come into contact with, then wait for that to dry before allowing the chin back in the room. I would also cover the baseboards to make sure the chin can't chew them.