Easy chinchilla huts?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

I'm horrible when it comes to do-it-yourself projects. I make my dad build shelves for me for my chins, because I have no idea how to build stuff . I'm wondering if their was a super easy way to build a chinchilla hut without actually having to do any of the cutting myself? :neener: My dad doesn't really have time to help me right now.

I was wondering about getting wood cut at Home Depot, and just gluing the sides together. Would anyone be able to suggest measurements for a hut big enough for two chins? I was thinking of buying one, but they are around $20. I can't really afford that.

Could coolaid be used to dye the sides? If so, do you just paint it on, or soak the wood?

Thanks so much everyone!

:hmm:
Even if you have HD cut the wood you would still need to cut the door in with a jigsaw or bandsaw or alternatively a hole saw attachment on a drill.

In terms of dying I always use food coloring and Brush it on, totally soaked wood planks become warped planks way too easily lol

this is BooBoo's
i had Home Depot cut it. i just planned it out before hand.
although the top was a tad bit smaller but i made it work lol
house-1.jpg

not sure how big to make it for two of them though

Thanks for the ideas! I will just have one side cut smaller than the rest.

Back