Eastern States Hedgehog Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hooked on Hogs
Less than three months until the Eastern States Hedgehog Show!!!

Join us in Schoharie, NY for the weekend of June 26-28, OR, just for the Main Events on June 27. This will be a special day including and IHA-sanctioned conformation show, "Schoharie Skirmish" sporting event, Hedgehog Costume Ball, and a seminar by Nigel Reeve, the foremost authority on hedgehog ecology.

Now is the time to register yourself and your hedgehogs! The Registration form is now uploaded in the files section of the hedgehogwelfare group:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/hedgehogwelfare/files/Eastern States Hedgehog Show/

You may also get a registration form by contacting [email protected]

Don't miss the fun in Schoharie!

Sounds like tons of fun. Although I'm an eastern state, I won't be able to come. Due to parent's not interested in driving several hours to get there :(

Aw, it was quite close to me (google said 4 hours) and I was really interested until I saw the date. I'll be moving around Jully 1st (moving day in Quebec!) and I'll surely will be bussy packing up or even maybe painting my new appartment if I have it early. Next time!

Last edited:
I won't be able to make it this year. That's a nine hour drive for me and that's even on pretty much straight interstate. I would just have recently gotten back from a trip, also. I'm sure everyone who can make it will have a wonderful time, though. Wish I could be there, but definitely wishing the best time in the world to everyone who can go. :)

Sounds like fun! Is it possible to come without preregistering? I will be getting home from a 5-week trip to Africa on the 24th, and the show is about 5 hours from my parents' house in PA, so I'm not sure whether or not I will be able to make it. I would love to try, though, if I can!

Don't think I can go since I'm in MI and really need to save money for the honeymoon in August/September. Anyone near MI driving? ;P

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go but its too far away about 24 driving hours.. with good traffic. :( I totally think there should be one down here.. like at my house! LMAO

Neat! I usually go to see one of my relatives anyways so hopefuly I can make it though my parents won't be too crazy about checking out a hotel so I may just come for the Main Event. Hope I'll see one of you there!

Don't forget

Less than three months until the Eastern States Hedgehog Show!!!

Join us in Schoharie, NY for the weekend of June 26-28, OR, just for the Main Events on June 27. This will be a special day including and IHA-sanctioned conformation show, "Schoharie Skirmish" sporting event, Hedgehog Costume Ball, and a seminar by Nigel Reeve, the foremost authority on hedgehog ecology.

Now is the time to register yourself and your hedgehogs! The Registration form is now uploaded in the files section of the hedgehogwelfare group:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/h...dgehog Show/

You may also get a registration form by contacting [email protected]

Don't miss the fun in Schoharie!

Are you taking any of your hogs with you, Nancy?
I would be nervous bringing them back over the border.
so true, I didn't even think of that (even if I'm not going).

I'm also wondering if the hedgie you want to put in competions have to be registratd with the IHA?

I probably won't be going. I'd love to but hubby works seasonal and will be between the last paycheck and waiting for EI at that time so not sure we want to spend the money. Also, I will have pregnant girls and new babies right then that I really don't want to leave. I'm still thinking on it though.

Not sure if I would take any hedgehogs. Crossing the border should not be a problem but it would need to be checked out thoroughly. I think a Vet certificate is needed.

Yes, hedgehogs need to be registered to compete.

For Canadians, remember you will need either the enhanced drivers license or a passport to cross the border.

Canadians, remember you will need either the enhanced drivers license or a passport to cross the border.
Do you mean the new b&w ugly ones with the hologram on them?

I have a G ('full') licence, but I got it about a year and a half ago... so there have been 2 other versions that have come out since then.

I get funny looks when I show them my passport because I have a Russian visa in there. They always drill me about why I was in Russia.

...waiting for EI at that time so not sure we want to spend the money....
I'm on that same boat as you and I discovered they cover 55% of my salary..urgh!

Do you mean the new b&w ugly ones with the hologram on them?
Well in Quebec they look like this
BA168839466FB82585C152BD8ABF3.jpg

I'm also wondering if the hedgie you want to put in competions have to be registratd with the IHA?

I replied wrong before. Apparently they have to be registered to be in the conformation show, but not for any of the other events.

FiaSpice said:
I'm on that same boat as you and I discovered they cover 55% of my salary..urgh!
Yep, thank goodness it's summer and no heating bills.

Join the fun at the Eastern States Hedgehog Show in Schoharie, New York. Mark the date June 26-28 on your calendar so you don’t miss it.

http://www.hedgehogshow.com/

·Meet Nigel Reeve, Community Ecologist for the Royal Parks, London. Dr. Reeve is the foremost authority on all species of hedgehogs, and the author of Hedgehogs in the Poysner Natural History series.

·Spa Day for African Pygmy Hedgehogs! Cindy DeLaRosa will demonstrate hedgie pedicures and bubble baths for your pet hedgehog.

·Is your hedgehog the most beautiful in the East? Enter your hedgehog in the IHA-sanctioned Conformation Show.

·Is your hedgehog huffy, fluffy, or non-conformational? Then your hedgie is a perfect fit for the Square Pogs Show!

·Don’t miss the hedgehogs competing for loot in the Schoharie Skirmish and strutting their stuff in the hedgehog Costume Ball.

·Add to your Hedgehogabilia collections! Vendors, Auctions, Prizes, and More!

·Join us for a banquet dinner featuring Daniel Beams, who will teach us about the history of Schoharie as the “Breadbasket of the Revolution.”

Hedgehogs, their caregivers and all those interested are invited to attend. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].

Join in the fun.

I get funny looks when I show them my passport because I have a Russian visa in there. They always drill me about why I was in Russia.

Lol i always get drilled for being in Germany, Russia, and Lichtenstein because they are all on the first page of my passport, after turning the pages they see the 10 other countries i have been to and just say "oh your a traveler". My excuse for crossing the border is always "snowboarding", so hopefully they won't keep me to long to explain what a hedgehog is.

Well, I just got this passport, so that's the only foreign visa I have in it.... yet.
So it's annoying and they make you feel like a criminal.

ETA: I *might* be going to the convention!!!!
I found bus tickets to Buffalo for like $40 and then a flight to NYC for $50.
I'm going to see if I can drag Bernie to it!! lol....

Last edited:
Back