Eastcoast Chinchilla care

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is there a need for east coast Chinchilla care in Canada?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello my name is Jamie. I have chinchilla's now as pets. I own my home and have a lot of free space since my children are off to university. I am thinking on opening a chinchilla rescue for the eastern provinces of Canada. I live in Miramichi NB. I know there are other rescues in Canada but I do not believe there are any close to my area. I am wondering if this is something people think there is a need for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I can't answer your poll, as I'm not in Canada, but welcome! I would say though, that there seems to be a need for rescues of all types of animals pretty much everywhere. :(

I thought so to. I am working on setting something up. I know of some females that need homes now. I am able to take the males in now but not the females until I get set up

I'm over in Alberta, so I can't say what the need is for chin rescues in the east (I don't think there is much need for one here, chins are hard to find around here outside of pet stores, which don't even always carry them either), but the Canadian Chinchilla Rescue is in Ontario. You might want to contact them they might have a better idea of the need over in eastern Canada. You might also want to contact your local shelters and see if they regularly get chins in or not, that should also help gauge how much of a need there is.

Back