Ear and paw questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swool17

Hi guys just wondering if these little black dots on my chins ears are just a coloration? Or some kind of sign that hes sick? I havent really looked at his ears too much since ive gotten him (cuz hes usually running too fast to look) so i cant remember if ive seen them on him before or if theyre new. (Weve only had him a few months) any info would be helpful! Also hes doing this weird thing where during the day he sits in the back cornerof his cage with his front right paw held up and tucked into his fur..also dont know if thats a problem or if hes just weird. Maybe he twisted it or something jumping around his cage? Hes only been doing it the last 3 days. I'll include the pics of his ear 'spots'
IMG_20200105_220237427.jpg

Hi guys just wondering if these little black dots on my chins ears are just a coloration? Or some kind of sign that hes sick? I havent really looked at his ears too much since ive gotten him (cuz hes usually running too fast to look) so i cant remember if ive seen them on him before or if theyre new. (Weve only had him a few months) any info would be helpful! Also hes doing this weird thing where during the day he sits in the back cornerof his cage with his front right paw held up and tucked into his fur..also dont know if thats a problem or if hes just weird. Maybe he twisted it or something jumping around his cage? Hes only been doing it the last 3 days. I'll include the pics of his ear 'spots'
View attachment 20784
I can only answer one of your questions, sorry. Freckles in the ears are a typical feature of the heterozygous beige color (with or without mosaic). In the photo I only saw a part of the chinchilla, but it really looks like a heterozygous beige. Rest assured, they are just blemishes;)

Oh thank god I'm glad that's normal! Lol! 😆 and yes he's a heterozygous beige! Good eye!

Back