Dust in Eye

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pikaia

Gonna keck your butt ;)
I feel so horrible! I was getting dust baths ready for Chichi and Tia and I meant to show Tia where the dust bowl was (so Chichi could have the dust house to herself) and some dust got on Tia's face and into her eye. I realized what had happened because Tia's right eye was half way closed. It stayed that way for a few minutes and now it is basically back to normal. I feel terrible. I figure this is probably a regular occurrence with the dust they roll around in, especially with multiple chins, but still.. :(

What should I watch out for? Should I even be worried about this?

I just looked at her, and that eye is still a little closed!!! :( :(

You can try flushing the eye with sterile saline solution. Keep an eye on it (no pun intended :p) ..if it continues to be swollen, appears red/irritated, and/or has some discharge, it would be a good idea to get her to the vet for a cornea scratch test and some antibiotic drops.

That's exactly what I did last night, Stackie! Thank you! I woke up this morning and it seems she is as good as new!! Her eye is open and she seems fine!!

Thanks for your help :)

Back