Dust for a sensitive chin.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
I have a chin who earlier this year started getting watery eyes. Her teeth have been checked out and she eats fine, actually she's a piggy sometimes.
I think it may be the dust baths, because they seem to only occur after a good bathing, so I've been giving her fresh dust every time and it's still not helping. I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and what kind of dust to use? She's currently using Oxbow Blue Cloud.

Try rinsing her eyes out with some rewetting drops after she takes her dust bath. It doesn't matter what kind of dust you use, the same thing will happen. It is irritating her eyes. I had a chin here that did that all the time and I had to flush his eyes out after. It sounds like more hassle than it is.

Blue Cloud is just Blue Cloud, by the way, it's not made by Oxbow they just package it under their name.

I have a guy with the same problem. I switched to an open dust bath for him and that really seemed to help.

I recently bought a washing up bowl (the ones where you wash plates in) for them for their dust bath. I thought this would be a better idea for a dust bath. My problem was not that they were sensitive about the dust, but I wanted something bigger, because I have 3 girls fighting over a bath. But what Obcsed said having a open dust bath this pretty much is pretty opened (I think if that's what they meant). All my 3 girls loved it and my boy as well. Just keep a eye on them from biting the plastic.

Back