Dust Bath Supervision

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KassDiy

When the Chin is playing, is it suggested to leave the Dustbath out until THEY are done.... or do we need to limit their time.

I’m worried about overuse, however if the chin seems normal bathing and playing at the same time. It seems normal to let him do his thing until he’s done bathing.

I was told only 10 mins per bathing session.

I just leave it until they are done. For some that is only about 5-10 minutes, others like to take longer like 10-20 minutes. The reason you want to limit the time is most will poop in the dust and some will also pee in it. Some will also try to sleep in the bath, which is not good since they can end up inhaling dust. When they bathe they seal their nostrils as they roll around to help prevent inhaling dust.

Okie dokie- yeah. He doesn’t seem to be compulsive about it.... so I felt I needed to leave it out a bit longer
He seems to play more than bathe. After 10 mins I take it up & he will find his trail of dust on the floor & roll around in that.

I appreciate you getting back to me

I’m worried about spoiling him in the wrong departments.
Thanks for the feedback

Back