Dust Bath & Chin Ear

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

1. I currently have one dust bath for my two chins. It's one of these:

1575601630197.png
Should I get a second one? They don't seem to fight over sharing one, but I want to double check.

2. After a day or so of putting balm on my chin's ears repeatedly for about 1 week (I apply more when his ears start to have dry spots, so every other day or so), I noticed that one of his ears started to bend slightly, mainly around the edge or tip. I haven't tried flattening it gently with my finger, but if that doesn't work, what should I do?

Last edited:
That dust bath is fine, I had it for my two when I first got them. It's not very durable though, after a few years the seam starting separating, possible due to having both try to bathe at the same time. I now use a one gallon candy jar for their dust, here is a video of their bath house it's in a small cage so they can bathe with I do cage changes or cleaning.

I'm not sure about the ear, but maybe the bag balm softened the ear a bit too much. If so it should go back to normal once you stop using the balm and the skin dries back to normal again.

Back