dumbest thing your chin has ever done

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volt was checking herself out in the mirror. I guess she did not like what she seen. She stood up on her back legs and started to bark. Luna wanted to know what was going on, she came over to check it out. Volt got mad at herself and sprayed the mirror it splashed off and got both Luna and Volt. Luna then got mad the sprayed the mirror herself. Repeating the splashing effect. Luna still mad turned to look at Volt sprayed her then ran off for a dust bath.

:rofl::laughitup::hilarious:

So I've got 4 girls, they have a large home built cage, they were out for play time and were all running around like crazy, ghost my white/eb. Jumped into their cage and ran a few laps from top to bottom... The doors were open and each door has a wood perch attached to the wire on the bottom of the door about a foot from the bottom of the cage... So I guess ghost totally forgot the doors were open came flying down the levels and did a hop right to were the first perch would have been... And fell straight down and stood on the floor of the cage sat there for a min in shock with all four paws spread with this dumb founded look on her face as I killed myself laughing at her! She then hoped back up on the ledge gave me this pissed off look for laughing and clearly for moving the perch. Then she ran another lap around the cage and did it AGAIN! But this time when I laughed she hoped up to her ledge and stood up as if to spray at me! And had the maddest expression on her face! She never did spray me lol I said 'don't you spray me! I didn't do any thing you fell all by yourself!' :hilarious:

the dumbest thing my boys do has already been mentioned. if they decide they don't want bothered by me when i open their cage (usually once they realize that mommy didn't bring them a treat) they get on their flying saucer and race as fast as they can trying to "run away" from me, but obviously they can't get anywhere haha.

these stories are great!!!

Rodya will eat a cheerio out of my hand, search my hand for more, and then push my fingers away from him in disgust when he realizes that it was just the one.

Mork runs in his wheel with his head sticking clean out the side of it, like how a dog sticks its head out the window of the car.
He also gets caught looking up towards the ceiling, looking up more, and more, and more...until he falls backwards, flat on his back.
My favorite though, was when Mork was in the bathroom, wall surfing, jumping, etc, and jumped into the sink area, and watched the mirror for a few minutes before deciding that it was an open window...he jumped straight into the mirror and slid down the wall! I felt SO BAD for him, but he was fine. In fact, he tried to do it again immediately afterwards (I think he thought he missed the first time).

Last night we had play time in the bathroom. Our little one discovered the bathtub. Yay! Bathtub!

Most of it is wide enough for her to walk around but nearest the wall it's very narrow. She'd jump up to the wider part, get to the skinny part and then slip down. Wash, rinse, repeat about 10 times. Each time she became more determined even though it wasn't happening.

My husband was in tears watching her.

In my old house I would take Waldo out while I was getting ready for school and let him run on my large dresser. He would hop around my makeup and jewelry boxes and try and eat my hair. Anyway one day he just walked right off the edge and splatted on the floor.

These posts are hilarious!! I'm reading them to my sister and cracking up
I have 2 stories that are pretty funny
My first chin Pip was bouncing around her change and she tripped on one of her wood stick chews and I could have sworn she was so embarrassed that she slyly reached for the stick and slide it behind her like it didn't happen.

Then just the other day I was watching my new chin Aurora sleeping on her house and she kept inching closer and closer to the side of the house. She got so close to the edge she fell off and couldn't figure out what happened.

My chin Eloise, loves to go in her hammock and grab the front of it and sit in it and rock it like a swing. It's the cutest thing until she gets going then it's hilarious :) then she kind of has a spaz attack because she is rocking it too fast....weird!!!

hehe I absolutely love this thread!

Every morning I get on the computer which is right next to Ozzy's cage, drink my coffee and read the forums. Well a few days ago, Nate was on here and I was on the floor talking to Ozzy who at that moment was sitting happily on his lava ledge getting scratches from daddy. Well I guess he was so far on cloud 9 he actually tumbled back wards and fell completely off it. He was fine but he had let out this really loud bark and ran back to his house lol I think he was embarrassed lol

The other night my one boy was on the flying saucer running when my other boy jumped on and started trying to run the opposite way on it. They both ended up falling off the wheel onto the floor then proceeded to yell at one another. After yelling they went to separate corners and sulked for a bit before making up.

I mentioned this in another thread but it's just so darn funny, the other night Dragon snuck up and jumped behind Silver, sticking both of his hands into Silver's ears wrist deep. Silver lept up into the air and got pretty upset by the whole thing.

My scariest moment was when one of them was going about 100 mph on the flying saucer and decided to get off without stopping first. How do you check a chinchilla for concussions?

My chin is known to steal pencils from my bedroom!
Literally, like all of them are missing! I even caught it on film once.
She then goes under my bed and starts gnawing them.
It's a hassle to reach under the bed to get it back! :)

My chin Pikachu does this on a regular basis; he has decided that sleeping UPSIDE DOWN behind his wheel is extremely comfortable. He slips his paws between the bars and kind of holds himself there and falls asleep. The first time i saw it i thought he was stuck and i jumped out of bed and i scared him so bad he jumped and did a backflip on to his ledge. Then crawled back behind his wheel and did it again.:hmm:​

I'd have to say the "dumbest" (more of a hilarious and intentional) thing my chin has ever done was jumping directly on to my face while i was pulling tape off the box she wanted to chew on! She must've been upset that I was invading her play territory.

dumbest thing... several come to mind
both of the boys were hyper happy .. zooming around the cage until they both jumped for the la a ledge.. now both on the floor... I swear it seems that chinchilla can feel embarrassment because one went on like nothing happened the other after falling did several laps around the cage

another which I observe them both doing is when the step on their own poop especially on their front paws and it gets stuck, they shake it like how we would when something disgusting is on our hands =D

lastly Who is more dominant of the two?
I call meimei the "fake dominant" for example the other day he was trying to establish his dominance so he was trying to hump da Vinci . mei Mei did the touch and look/shift away like he didn't do anything. he did that till he was actually "hugging" da Vinci at this point got annoyed and kacked
with that meimei didn't run but literally bounced off as if he was happy

my chin lunch used to divebomb the cage door(of my old cage) repetitively till it opened. she had figured out if she hit it enough it would open and she got to escape and go play. aka have me wake up to crashing sounds in the middle of the night and have to play tag with a chilla as she runs/hops around trying to escape . i frequently found her in my cats food bowl in the kitchen. (smart place to go lol)

and both my chins randomly decide they want to be rock climbers and climb up and down the sides of the cage repetitively.

Back