dumbest thing your chin has ever done

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brittany - I think Gus' name should be changed to Einstein. He just missed his head putting his wig on.

Dawn - That has to be the most hilarious chin story I've heard yet! I swear you just can't make up chin stories.

i have my chin cage on a glass table and put a next to it for him to get down and back up. the first time i opened the cage he went to jump out and because his cage is on a glass table he couldnt see the glass and nearly **** himself lol i had to cover the table with dust so he knew he could stand on it and theyre was a surface there, after he got down and started rampaging about as usual so i wiped the dust off the table because i thought now he knew he could stand outside his cage, then it came round to him wanting to go back in, so he jumped on the chair then instead of jumping on the table and in his cage he went and jumped straight into the underside of the glass table! lol another thing he likes to do is fall asleep on his ledge and then fall off while hes dreaming lol that worrys me though because hes a sleep and could hurt himself, although even hes asleep he does manage to land on his feet some how

my silly little gizmo

I have had my male chinchilla gizmo for about a week now and he is soo curious about his new space.. so the other night i let him out to explore. He was running around till he caught sight of his own reflection on a stand and fell back and ran straight into his cage making tons of noise.. i couldnt help but laugh,, he later went to investigate and stared at his own reflection for several minutes before reaching out to touch it.. hes soo silly

My first chin got his name because he hadn't yet learned how to run on a tile floor during bathroom playtime. So while I sat on the floor, he ran the length of the bathroom and suddenly stopped moving all four feet. But instead of stopping (or rocking back and forth like he does now on his wheel), of course, he slid and skidded right into my leg. BANG! Then he kecked at me, because clearly his lack of understanding of physics was *my* fault. So I looked at him and asked, "What happened? Did you Crash into Me?"... and thus, he got his name.

As far as "oh crap!!" dumb moments, though, the kicker of my three is YouBe, who tried to wall surf off of my chest when I had the top door of the Ferret Nation open and instead, skidded off and hit the floor just as my former feral cat walked into the room (after pawing open the kitchen door). So falls 4 feet onto hard wood and lands right in front of a predator. YIKES! Thankfully I hissed at the cat and got him cornered and scooped him up before any damage was done, but we both (me and the cat) got kecked at for that one!

I just had to laugh at Guss the other night. he was running around the chin room during playtime, boinging everywhere, wall surfing..... you name it. he wall surfed off the closet door, did a hard right turn, came down on the carpet, and proceeded to run head first into Rhino's open cage door! :rofl: Guss is fine, but i'm still giggling over it!

Earlier this summer, while I had Trixie out for playtime, a thunderstorm passed through. She had been on the windowsill looking out when there was a big lightening flash and thunderclap. She got so startled she literally fell OFF the sill and scooted under the chair I was sitting on. Then her head would poke out and look at the window.
Funny thing is, she suddenly decided it was not so bad and would actually sit at the window to watch the light show.

3 of my 4 chins all share the same dust bowl (they all live in separate cages though) and Sometimes, Raider can see Rigel across the way dusting/hears him rolling around, and gets so excited that he digs and rolls around on his shelf XD Poor guy got so wound up once that he rolled right off the shelf!

Once when Chicken was out playing, I didn't realize the cat (Javier) was in the chin room. Javier is very fat and old and was just kinda of sitting there, and Chicken ran over and ricocheted right off his head! Jav didn't even move, he was completely stunned. Scary, but pretty hilarious.

OK I have a new one. One of my fosters has started trying to spray me when I try to take HIM out of HIS cage. All he can manage is a weak little dribble. I just laugh at him as I pick him up. :laughitup:

My young boy Dragon is pretty hilarious, the other day he was out and tried to jump down from a table to a chair but bounced off wrong and scared himself, he spent the next ten minuted under his cage poking his head out every few seconds to glare at me like I had planned the whole thing while I tried to coax him out because I was convinced he had hurt himself. Obviously not because after he got over it he was up to more mischeif, I take his little wooden house out of the cage during playtime and put it in the middle of the room while I am cleaning, he likes to run at it full blast and try to wall surf off the side but the house goes sliding across the room and he bounces off in the other direction popcorning like crazy.

Our mascot, Titus, will actually through bedding and hay at us when he wants attention! Silly little bugger usually does this when we're passing out treats in the evening.

When we first picked up charger..he got his name because he would run ferociously and really quickly at your hand and when he got close he would just stop and sniff you. Now, he has a cuddle buddy and for some reason when you open his cage doors he hops on top of it and ferociously...well you know the rest. Its so weird!

When we first picked up charger..he got his name because he would run ferociously and really quickly at your hand and when he got close he would just stop and sniff you. Now, he has a cuddle buddy and for some reason when you open his cage doors he hops on top of it and ferociously...well you know the rest. Its so weird!

:rofl:

now why does 'hey mom! look what i can do!' come into my noggin after reading that........ lol!

Volt was checking herself out in the mirror. I guess she did not like what she seen. She stood up on her back legs and started to bark. Luna wanted to know what was going on, she came over to check it out. Volt got mad at herself and sprayed the mirror it splashed off and got both Luna and Volt. Luna then got mad the sprayed the mirror herself. Repeating the splashing effect. Luna still mad turned to look at Volt sprayed her then ran off for a dust bath.

Haha :rofl: @ chinnymom. That's too funny! Never though of that! Creepy..... haha

This thread is hilarious! I can't pick just one dumb thing Sebastian has done. The dumbest things would have to be diving headfirst into a wall, slamming himself against the bathroom mirror, sleeping and randomly falling off his shelf for no reason and making his high pitched "I am hurt" sound, which I've come to realize means "I am embarrassed" LOL! He also sometimes likes to see if the (CERAMIC) toilet is edible, which I discourage, but he's actually left marks on the tank lid! I've also groaned at him a few times for peeing and then promptly sitting his butt in it, but he doesn't do that too often.

Ooh, I've got one for this thread!

Tami was out playing and ran under the table that my GP cage is on. Mind you, the table is always in the same spot, but she ran head first into the table leg. So, instead of going around it, she stays there KACKING at the table leg to get out of her way!

Apparently she is such a princess that everything needs to bow to her wishes, lol.

LOL she sounds like quite the princess, Kara!

I have two things I could add to this that happened recently....

Last night I had Zoey out and she was going a little crazy on the popcorning. She jumped up on my bed, popcorned off the wall and landed face first in a bundle of fluffy blankets. Took her a few seconds to get out and realize what she did!

THEN! Tonight, I had Lilo out for playtime while I cleaned her cage...my Mom came down to buy some stuff for Chilly (since I have the chin store). I put Lilo back in her cage, went and got Mom's stuff...then came back and let Lilo back out. I just finished her cage, and realized the $20 is gone. Turns out that was an expensive break!!! I should probably go and look for it now!

One of my favorite stories;

Eleanor is a four year old very large blocky BV with a huge love of animal planet. She cant get enough of TV, period.

Shes on her shelf, watching her "programs" as usual one night. Her preferred watching shelf is a shelf that is reached by walking/jumping through a fleece tube which is angled about 45 degrees to reach another shelf below.

She is sitting there, watching lions roar and the baboons howl...when all of the sudden the elephant on TV blows through his trunk and makes a noise. She jumped and fell sideways and backwards through her fleece tunnel. All you could see was little back feet waving and a tail flying because she was trying to right herself.

She did manage after a few seconds to get herself unstuck, quicker than i could get the door open, but she lost the tube after that.

The hairstyle she had after that furious squabble with the fleece was hilarious, btw.

Last edited:
Back