Dry Cracked Feet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

As odd as the title is, it says it all.

I have really dry cracked feet... I hate them.
I've tried different lotions and doesn't really help. I've even tried bag balm, doesn't help me like it does the chins.
I wear flip flop A LOT. Like almost year around.

So I was wondering if anyone else might have the same issue and could point me in the direction of a foot lotion that worked for them. :)

Hmmm... You should probably take a break from running in your wheel for a night or two ;)

Seriously though, I'd kill the flip flops and toss some socks on for awhile.

The Ped Egg is rather awesome for getting rid of callouses, as are pedicures. Use the Ped Egg first, as it works best on dry skin. Then soak your feet for 5-10 minutes in hot water before bed. After that, lather your heels in vaseline (or Bag Balm) and wear socks to bed. If you soak and lather each night for a week, you should notice significant improvement and then you can just repeat as needed. If the cracks get sore, apply neosporin and continue to wear socks until they heal. Flip flops, walking around barefoot, and wearing shoes that don't fit properly are the three primary causes of cracked heels. I feel your pain. They're absolutely no fun.

I'll defiantly try to avoid running the wheel. lol Unfortunately, I do have to run around cleaning a hotel all day, which I'm sure doesn't help.

Flip flops and walking around barefoot, I'm really bad for both. lol However, I do wear socks to bed. I'll give the Ped Egg and soaking a try. :D

Glad it's working for you! Love that Ped Egg! I need to restock, actually. Thanks for the reminder! :))

Back