Dried Flower Consumption

808chindad

I recently received a treat sampler pack from an ETSY vendor which contained dried hibiscus and chamomile. Does anyone know how much dried flowers a chin may consume and still not be considered detrimental to their digestive system?

808chindad

Thanks again Amethyst. My chins seem to enjoy most of the treats I have been giving them. They don't seem to like the dried peppermint in the sampler though. One of their all time favorite treats is raspberry leaves.

ptamom

How often should a person give treats? Sunshine gets a stick and a berry daily (can't remember the berry name but it is red/hard with a shell on the inside.

Amethyst

Staff member
How often should a person give treats? Sunshine gets a stick and a berry daily (can't remember the berry name but it is red/hard with a shell on the inside.
Sticks aren't really treats, you don't need to limit those at all. My guys normally get about half a dozen a day. The berries though, I'm not sure what those are, I don't feed my guys any berries but I know one kind that people give is goji berries, could that be it? If so they should be given sparingly, like one a week at most, maybe even one a month. Treats in general should be limited to a max of one a day. Treats I currently use are rose hips, rose petals, a cheerio, a few pieces of slow cook oats, and red clover.

Latest posts

Group builder