Does my chin have teeth issues? (See video)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abianchetti

Hi,

I’ve had my chin for almost a year now. She is 1 year and 3 month old.

I noticed recently she often puts a paw at her mouth when she’s eating (even when she’s not eating) as if something bothers her there.

I checked her teeth: orange and they meet in the middle as they should. There are no any lumps under her jaw. She does not drool but she often does teeth grinding, i can hear her.

She’s playing and pooping normally, eating hay normally.

All normal except the “pawing at mouth”. Sometimes also she moves her mouth as if she’s chewing but she’s not chewing anything.

I’ll add the video from this morning (sorry gor the background noise).

Can chin this indicate teeth problems?

I appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    27.3 MB
Last edited:
Also, i noticed today she takes one pellet, gives it one bite and then drops it. And then takes another and so on. She also makes crumbles when she eats….

Last edited:
I would have her teeth checked at the vet, you can't really see the back teeth without a scope. Since she is still eating and not showing other symptoms it may be something as simple as a sore in the mouth, a bit of hay stuck in the back teeth, or a splinter in the mouth.

Thank you! I have anyways decided to take her to the vet tomorrow, because, as you said, I cannot know the state of her back teeth. Hope it is something simple.

Back