Does anyone do a home business?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VolunteerChin22

I <3 dustbunnies
Taking opinions ;)

Does anyone do or frequently buy products from a home business like gold canyon, lia sophia, silpada, etc?

If you sell, do you find it worthwhile for the effort you put in?

If you buy, how often do you purchase/host/go to parties?

Any other thoughts?? I am considering it as a way to earn a little extra money, not my primary job...things are tight with the hubs full time in school and I can only work so much overtime...plus Christmas is not that far away...

I used to sell Avon. The key is to have a large social network of people willing to buy from you. It is so hard to sell to strangers because chances are if they're going to buy, they already buy from someone. Unless you're the first person in your area to sell this product, def. ensure you have a big network.

As well, something to consider is to begin with you will need to buy a bunch of sample and/or give away products to get your business going. So definitely set aside a bit of money for that.

Otherwise, you make a percentage off everything you sell and carry very little overhead for expenses....so it is definitely worth it if you know you can sell your products to a large amount of people.

I hope that helps!! Try to find something that is not extremely common but still well known, and then start having parties as soon as you get a good amount of samples built up. If you have this in the States, Partylite is always a hit and has amazing products. It's the one home sales product that I really feel is worth what you pay for it :). Good luck!

I don't sell or host, but I've attended quite a few. I agree that Partylite is amazing and the products will sell themselves. Princess House, Willow House and Pampered Chef are good quality and have something for everyone's budget, but the reality is that I'd only be willing to attend one of each per year. I had a friend that sold for Longaberger and loved it, but it's a niche market. I have two friends that have had success selling for MaryKay, but their "made for sensitive skin" products made me turn bright red and break out. I won't be attempting that again! Silpada and Lia Sophia, while gorgeous, are entirely too expensive for the average consumer in my opinion. I considered selling for Slumber Parties for a while, but the payoff seemed to be more product based than financial, which was contradictory to my needs.

Hope that helps a bit! Good luck! :)

I just recently became a Scentsy consultant. I just wanted a hobby and a little extra income. I find that stuff that smells good sells itself :))
I've done Mary Kay in the past and didn't like the business too much.

The reason I picked scentsy is because I don't have a whole lot of time to go and do home shows. Most parties end up being book parties, you send a bag with samples of all the scents which doesn't take alot of effort on my end which I like haha. Plus the minimum you have to sell is $150 every 6 months which I figured I could do.

I looked into a few before I decided which one I wanted to do bit seems most starter kits are around $100. Good luck if you decide to during a home based business :))

I ended up deciding to sign up with Gold Canyon! I just got my kit today and got my site up and running. I picked them for basically the same reasons you picked scentsy :) smells good and pretty much sells itself!

I've never heard of that..I'll have to check it out!!

Back