Do I just have a manipulative boy??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia

Forever Weird
Lately since it has been so hot out (I have A/C on of course, but I still worry), I've tried to discourage Sebastian from burrowing into my lap for mini-naps during playtime. If I leave him there he has super red hot ears by the time he gets up.
So today he tried to do it several times and I pushed him away. After the last time he just stared at me for a few minutes, then looked like :impatient: , then made his alarm sound. So of course I felt bad and let him curl up in my lap after that. I'm such a sap. I've become somewhat used to him doing it at night often and sometimes even during the day to get my attention. I think of him as being like "HEY human thing. Give me treats! Scratch me! Let me poop in your hair!!"
Is he just being bratty? And is it ok for him to have lap time if it makes him warm? :wacko:

"HEY human thing. Give me treats! Scratch me! Let me poop in your hair!!"

That's probably pretty accurate...they probably think of me as the human thing. Or, the food and treat machine?

I don't know...that sounds like a very sweet little chin, far from
bratty! :) Maybe get a bag of frozen peas and hold that on your lap so he doesn't get hot? Oh, I don't know. :p He probably won't overheat in your lap. Maybe just hold him for a few minutes at a time and then put him down?

It's just adorable that he wants to be with you so much!

Aw that's super cute, I've got one like that, I would think he would hop out if he gets too hot- but the frozen peas idea sounds good!

Until he tries to move them, and you end up with a lapful of frozen peas he'll probably try to eat! HAHA!

Yes, you do have an extremely manipulative chin there and I've got seven of the little manipulative monsters! :hilarious:

I'm glad he'll move if he gets too hot. He's my baby and I love him, he's just demanding sometimes!! ;)

yes he is manipulative but that is one of the fun things are chins. I wouldn't worry about getting too hot - he will move when that happens. As for the peas in a bag - mine would put a hole in it in 2 seconds flat

What about frozen-bottle-of-water-wrapped-in-a-towel? That seems to generate some excitement during playtime around here.

It turns some into water-bottle groupies, while others ignore it.

I think if the AC is on and set to a chin-friendly temperature (i.e. probably cooler than is comfortable for you), you probably don't have to worry about them overheating.

Back