Discoloration in Chinchillas Eye

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sschins

Hi all! My 8 year old chin has some weird coloring in his eye and I was wondering if anyone knew what it was. I will attach a pic with and without flash. It seems like a blueish/grey hue. I thought it was just the lighting but after inspecting with my phone light, I realized it was not normal. I don’t know if he is just getting older or if it is something I should consult a vet about. Just don’t want to stress the poor guy out if the vet won’t help him!5571887F-E8AE-4492-89C0-A6E9685914C1.jpeg614CC726-0239-49B1-885A-621C323F859A.jpeg

It looks like a cataract, I would take him to the vet to have a look. Sometimes they can be cleared up with eye drops, sometimes not, but the sooner you get it checked the better chance you have.

It looks like a cataract, I would take him to the vet to have a look. Sometimes they can be cleared up with eye drops, sometimes not, but the sooner you get it checked the better chance you have.
Thank you Amethyst! I’ll take him to my vet to check on it.

Definitely get it checked. My chin had something like that and then it ulcerated. It was too late for me to do anything about it.

Back