Cuddle Buddy?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanitheTulip

I LUV MY BABY!

I'm hearing a lot about these cuddle buddies that some chinchillas really enjoy. What are they? Is it just a plain stuffed animal that is put in their cage? Or is it a special stuffed animal made of fleece? If its something i can sew, and something that my baby will love i have to make one! :wave:

I will repost my method of making buddies by Dummies
I'm not too handy, but I'll tell you how I made a simple buddy. I took a piece of fleece, any size will do, I did like 8 inches by 24 inches. (I didn't even measure) Cut off two narrow strips like 1inch wide and idk 12 inches long. Roll the fleece so you have an 8 inch fat roll and tie it tight on both ends with the strips of fleece, the strips will stretch a lot when you pull them. Trim the excess off the ties.

My chin absolutely loves his, it's a fleece star shape, I got it from Hammocky Hammocks (UK based, but they do ship). It lives in his hammock, and he alternately sits on top of it and 'guards' it, and curls up around it to sleep. If I ever dare to touch it, he glares at me.
If you want to sew your own, it might be an idea to try to keep as many of the stitches as possible on the inside - you do this by sewing the two pieces together inside out, then turning them right side out before you put the stuffing in, then close the gap with a few extra stitches (these do have to be on the outside). That way it's harder for a determined chinnie to pull the stitching out.

Too Funny!

Thanks for the replies! I had already made him a cuddle buddy and didnt even know it! :neener: It's his fleece pillow that i stuffed with remnants from when i made his hammock and cage liners. He loves his pillow. I'm going to have a blast sewing up more of these in all colors and shapes! :sewing:

Back