Critter Nation modifications?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whimsy

I love how the Ferret Nation cages allow for modification of removal of the bottom storage shelf to allow for the addition of a third cage. The Critter Nation cage is tool-less and has silly posts that stick out the bottom into the (very wobbly) storage portion.

Has anyone come up with a good solution to get rid of the storage area, replace with heavy duty wheels, and add a third stacking cage?

The only thing I can think of right now is to make a wheeled platform to fit between the posts...sort of like those rolling things mechanics use to go under cars....

I was told by Mid-West (the makers of the FN/CN) that they are coming out sometime in Aug. with a 3rd level cage for the CN. They told me about 6 months ago about this when I asked

You need at least part of the legs of the stand to lock/fit the bottom level into. But you can cut the stand off up near the bottom of the cage leaving enough leg to fit the length of the wheel post.

I did remove the stands, replaced with a wood base 1.5 inches thick. then added sections to make the third levels.

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 19
Back